If you’re like me, and you have your WordPress site set up on your Synology box, the moment you forget your password to your login you’re kind of SOL.
You think you can click the Lost your password? link, enter your email, and your password reset link will be sent to you, except you get an error message:
The email could not be sent. Possible reason: your host may have disabled the mail() function.
Well, It is actually fairly simple to fix.
- Navigate to your Control panel -> Notifications -> Email
- Check Enable email notificaions
- Enter the Recipient’s email address
- Choose your Service provider
- Log in to your service provider
- Save your settings, and send out a test e-mail to confirm that they work